Software Developer (DApp Experience): Maple Ridge, BC
Do you consider yourself a wizard-like developer of APIs and frameworks? Are you tickled by the thought of showing off your hard work to other developers and showing them just how easy using our platform is? Do you nerd out about bridging the gap between highly technical underlying network framework and the developers themselves? Perhaps you consider yourself a unique creative that expresses yourself by efficiently creating artistic code? Then continue reading because you might be the Software Developer (or one of the few) we’re looking for.
Have you heard of Left?…We do things Right! If you haven’t heard of us, don’t worry, we will forgive you. Our award-winning Community Engagement Program and our top-notch culture have led us to win an award as “Best Workplace BC” and be recognized by the BC Tech Association as the best in BC for “work, life, and play”.
At the heart of our business (what you’ll be working on) is a platform to connect the next billion people using a fully-distributed mobile mesh network for Android and iOS mobile phone platforms, along with IoT devices. Our platform will enable affordable, reliable, resilient, and secure access to the internet and connectivity to all users. Because this platform will be used by more than just us, we need you to ensure that our product meets the needs of our users while meeting the objectives set forth by the company. Through research into market and customer requirements, you will become the subject matter expert for the RightMesh platform and SDK. As you champion the features and functionalities of the product through the release cycle, you will work closely with our technology and development teams to ensure milestones are reached.
Where does all this magic happen? We might have the coolest office space in the Lower Mainland (BC) complete with a games room, library, lots of beer, and plenty of smart and silly people. We are purposefully located out in the ‘burbs so that our employees can live and work in their community. If you do commute it’s only 40 minutes against traffic from downtown Vancouver, and we’re just across the Golden Ears Bridge, so we are extremely accessible to many in the Lower Mainland. And speaking of sky-high real estate prices, you have room to breathe out here and can afford to exhale. Are you ready to join us and change the world yet?
About the Job: So what will you be doing?
- Owning your experience developing APIs and frameworks so your insights can intuitively shape the product.
- Having intelligent conversations around collected feedback from developers about how to improve and refine the API/SDK as it evolves.
- Differentiating the complexity of what we are creating from what is exposed to the developers while documenting the process clearly.
- Thrilling developers about how easy it is to build a RightMesh app from all your hard work.
- Creating artistic code that reduces the complexity for the developers and creates a “wow” user experience.
- Contributing to the development of mesh protocols, architecture, and integration with tokens by creating testable, reproducible code modules.
- Participating in all phases of development including design, documentation, code, review, testing and deployment.
- Other duties as required.
Essential Skills: What do you need to get here?
- You’ve woven your passion into earning a Bachelor’s Degree in CS, Computer Engineering, or other related fields with at least 5 years of development experience, preferably in the mobile app environment.
- 2 or more years of experience as a software developer
- DApp experience – in particular, solidity experience, smart contracts, parity, Geth, Ethereum-j, rootstock
- Self-starter looking to looking to learn and contribute significantly to the team.
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, are a must.
- You hold yourself and others to high standards because you believe the impossible is possible.
- A post graduate degree or diploma in business or marketing will be an added advantage.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Experience in working with an offshore development team would be a huge plus.
- Candidates who have previous experience in business development and/or project management would have an added advantage.
- You are entrepreneurial. This means you know failure is an option, but you also know that when you learn from failure, this is often when the impossible becomes possible.
- We still classify ourselves as a startup even though we are an international office of 100+. We currently have about 35 in Maple Ridge and 75+ in Bangladesh, so you must want to be in the startup environment.
- You must be a self-starter and able to take initiative and manage your own projects.
- You can self-learn as things change; and quickly, because learning must be ongoing and things change often.
- We are Dog positive; Django is our Director Of Greetings and he outranks most of us.
- You must believe in the mantra of “Work hard, play hard.”
- You must be able to laugh at yourself and roll with the punches.
Compensation & Next Steps
Your salary will be competitive and based on your experience; however, we are a start-up and, as we build this out together, we will all share in the upside and increased compensation as revenues increase for the brands you are involved in.
If you are interested in working on a world-class platform and business, then please apply here with a recent resume and your salary expectations. No phone calls or unexpected visits please because we have developers here and they are easily startled.
Left is a small, but growing company. Fit and a willingness to learn is more important than experience. Thanks in advance for considering us.
Learn more about us at www.rightmesh.io and our parent company Left.
We are an equal opportunity employer and love diversity at our company! We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status