PPC Specialist – Maple Ridge, BC
October 25, 2017|
By Tracy McDonald
We are on the hunt for a PPC Specialist to work with our Left Travel team. If you live and breathe Google AdWords and Google Analytics, and you are constantly reading and researching so that you can stay up-to-date on the latest trends, we want to meet you.
Left Travel Inc., a subsidiary of Left, is made up of a small (but mighty) team which believes the search for the perfect vacation rental should be easy. We value and believe that the relationship between travellers and their hosts should be simple, comfortable, and direct. We have an extensive travel brand portfolio that includes RentByOwner.com, RentalHomes.com, SellOffRentals.com, Stays.io, and others. Most of your time will be spent working with these brands, analyzing the data and optimizing campaigns to make them bigger and better than they already are.
So, who are we and where do you find us, you ask? From humble beginnings, two guys working out of coffee shops to a multi-national team, we have had some incredible highs over the past few years. We were elated when the BC Tech Association recognized us—not once, but twice—as the best in BC for balancing “work, life, and play”. Our top-notch culture and Community Engagement Program have also been a driving force behind being named 2016’s Best Workplace from Small Business BC. Our achievements thus far in creating a work culture that inspires creativity, balance, and giving back to the community inspires us to continue pushing the boundary towards excellence.
Where does all this magic happen? We might have the coolest office space in the Lower Mainland (BC) complete with a games room, library, lots of beer, and plenty of smart and zany people. We are purposefully located out in the ‘burbs so that our employees can live and work in their community. If you do commute it’s only 40 minutes against traffic from downtown Vancouver, and we’re just across the Golden Ears Bridge, so we are extremely accessible to many in the Lower Mainland. And speaking of sky-high real estate prices, you have room to breathe out here and can afford to exhale.
About the Job: So what will you be doing?
- Must be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or other valid work permit with at least 2 years remaining. Role is in-office in our fabulous space in Maple Ridge.
- Executing, managing, and optimizing paid search campaigns to support business goals and objectives, within the travel vertical to achieve maximum ROAS
- Searching for insights in: Google Analytics, AdWords, Bing and our custom big data platform
- Identifying opportunities and risks through reporting and analyzing data, implementing solutions, measuring actions and tracking results – you’re comfortable in Analytics
- Daily monitoring of traffic and profit performance of PPC campaigns
- Conversion rate optimization to match search intent
- Identifying opportunities to increase high quality, targeted traffic
- Performing keyword, industry, and competitive research. Staying informed of trends in search advertising as they happen, and how they may impact our sites
- Understanding how to influence the profitability of PPC campaigns
- Guiding decisions on digital marketing campaigns
- Willing to wear more than one hat. Some crossover with other digital marketing skillsets. (email marketing, social)
- Other duties as required
Essential Skills: What do you need to get here?
- 2+ years of paid search experience
- Proven SEM experience working with large volume MCC accounts and remarketing knowledge is a must.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent College + Life experience
- Google AdWords Certified, Google Analytics Certified
- Proficient knowledge in: Google AdWords, Google Analytics, Google AdWords Editor, Facebook Advertising, Remarketing, and Conversion Tracking
- Familiar with dynamic campaigns
- Strong analytical skills with ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions and develop actionable recommendations
- Strong time management skills, above average ability to multi-task proactively, manage multiple campaigns at once, and prioritize in response to issues as they arise
- Understanding that while we encourage work-life balance, sometimes you will need to ‘play’ some evenings and weekends, monitoring and adjusting bids and traffic performance to prevent bleeding
- Treat campaign management as a game that you have to figure out and win
- Curiosity of complicated problems
- Ability to follow a road-map and fill in the blanks when required
- You have high expectations of yourself and others.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Proficient knowledge of Google Tag Manager
- Experience with Criteo or other remarketing platforms
- Experience with Test Creation for A/B Testing (we have coders)
- Experience with Search Engine Optimization
- Experience with content marketing and traffic networks
- Entrepreneurial minded, you are passionate about seeking out opportunities to generate online traffic, sales and to develop new ideas
- Knowledge (and willingness to accept) that sometimes it requires we work around the clock — not because someone is poking you with a sharp stick, but because you want to and we need to
- Knowledge that you don’t know everything and that we don’t know everything, but if we put our heads together, we can probably figure it out at least as well as anyone else.
- You are entrepreneurial. This means you know failure is an option, but you also know that when you learn from failure, this is often when the impossible becomes possible.
- We still classify ourselves as a startup even though we are an international office of 90+. We currently have about 30 in Maple Ridge and 60+ in Bangladesh, so you must want to be in the startup environment.
- Maybe you have worked in a large company managing part of their paid search campaigns, or maybe you worked in e-commerce growing the business and profit, but in any role, you wish to be part of a smaller team where you can have a direct impact on the business as a whole
- You must be a self-starter and able to take the initiative and manage your own projects.
- You can self-learn as things change; and quickly, because learning must be ongoing and things change often.
- We are Dog positive; Django is our Director Of Greetings and he outranks most of us.
- You must believe in the mantra of “Work hard, play hard.”
- You must be able to laugh at yourself and roll with the punches.
Compensation & Next Steps
Your salary will be competitive and based on your experience. Upward movement and potential is something that we value and reward.
If you are interested in working on a world-class platform and business, then please send us a recent resume (online links are fine) along with your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or unexpected visits please because we have developers here and they are easily startled.
Left is a small, but growing company. Fit and a willingness to learn is more important than experience. Thanks in advance for considering us.
Learn more about Left and Left Travel.