UX Designer- Maple Ridge, BC
UX Designer- Maple Ridge, BC
Are you keen on making a difference within your team, your community and the increasingly connected globe? If so, our career opportunity with Left™ as a UX Designer might be the right career move for you!
Who is Left you may be asking? Left, winner of the 2016 Small Business BC Best Workplace, Community Engagement Award from BCTIA, and the Maple Ridge Chamber of Commerce Big Business of the Year Award, is the parent company of a number of successful web and mobile brands. One of our key spin-offs, called Stays.io, is on the verge of incredible things. Stays is a portfolio of best-in-class travel and vacation rental brands powered by cutting edge marketing and technology. Another key component to our business is our revolutionary new Wave app which allows you to share your favourite apps, media and anything else that might make you smile without the use of your data plan or internet connection.
How does this relate to you? Well, we are looking for someone to work across both brands, but focusing primarily on the Stays (keep in mind the possibilities are endless). Your ability to enhance the user experience to help increase conversion rates. Our fast-paced environment boasts high rewards for change-makers and innovators, as our culture makes all the hard work very valuable.
Us Lefties (this is what we call ourselves) take our core values, one of which says ‘Think Different’, very seriously. So much so that our co-founders decided to locate our office in Maple Ridge where we are easily accessible to the surrounding suburbs such as Langley, Surrey, Tri-Cities. Since locating out here we’ve realized there is a large pool of extremely talented people who are tired of losing valuable family time commuting with traffic into the city. The work-life balance this location allows is worth more than you might suspect. If you are the right candidate, you are thinking to yourself, “I am ready for a company with dreams as big as my own”.
- You must be a risk taker with a passion for entrepreneurism; failure is not a fear of yours
- We identify as a Startup even though we are a growing international team of 100 (20 in Maple Ridge and 83 in Bangladesh). As such, it’s important you want to work in a startup environment
- You value small teams where you have a direct impact on the business as a whole
- You thrive on multitasking and prioritizing in a fast-paced and collaborative environment
- You’re a self-starter who’s willing to take ownership of our UX needs, but is always interested in taking on new things
- You can self-learn as things change; and quickly, because we value continuous learning and we do it daily
- You must believe in the mantra of “Work hard, play hard.”
- You must be able to tolerate animals. Our “Director of Greetings” is a dog named Django who is regularly in the office
- You must be willing to dream because we want to help you achieve those dreams
About the Job- What will you really be doing?
- Work directly with Product Managers, the Marketing Team, and Developers to test products and features
- Take Ownership of all aspects of UX for the Stays portfolio while understanding we thrive as a team environment and your talents are valuable to all facets of the business
- Work confidently on several websites to review product usability- including collecting user feedback and synthesizing results to
- Work with the Marketing gurus research, define and document UX requirements with the focus of increasing conversion rates
- Use your industry experience to develop new ideas and enhance existing ones with things such as confirmation pages, payment pages etc. which provide an excellent experience
- Support the UI design team by creating wireframes and assets to guide the experience
- Drive discussions and collaborative sessions with teams and stakeholders to help generate concepts and inspire peers and teams
- Practicing and enhancing what you’ve learnt from your previous education and life experiences
- You’ll naturally set high expectations of yourself and others, in return achieving the unimaginable
- Excellent oral and written communication skills that compliment your effective team work abilities
- Experience working with off-shore development teams
- Knowledge of Jira or any other PM/bug tracking software
- Knowledge of Google Analytics so you can keep up in conversation with our marketing guru’s (we also hire people who learn quickly!)
- Understanding of Optimizely and how data based decision making can enhance performance
Compensation & Next Steps
- While your salary will be competitively based on your experience, we believe that as we grow together, we can all share in the upside and increase compensation as revenues increase for the brands you are involved in.
- If you are interested in being a Lefty, please send us a few portfolio examples, a recent resume (online links are fine) along with your salary expectations to email@example.com. No phone calls or unexpected visits please because we have developers here and they are easily startled. Left is a growing company and while we thank everyone in advance for considering us, we value fit and willingness to learn more than experience; therefore, only those who are being considered may be contacted. Learn more about us at www.Left.io